Do you want to make a difference?
Nowi is a startup company that was founded in 2016, and has rapidly grown to a 11 people team. We have patents pending on our innovative RF harvesting technology, and we are planning to expand that portfolio. Nowi has the ambition to make an impact in the world, and we expect that our people want to do the same. Nowi is located in Delft and has an extensive academic background with people that have masters and PhDs from the Technical University in Delft. The Netherlands is one of the leaders in academic research on RF energy harvesting and we are bringing it into practice.
As an application engineer at Nowi, you will design, produce and test, small batches of new prototypes that are either applied for a business case of a client, or an internal project. Your daily tasks include:
- Develop and implement firmware for embedded devices
- Implement Hardware/Software low power techniques
- Knowledge of sensors, analog, and digital circuits
- Do performance test of the developed systems
- Debug and troubleshoot firmware
- Hardware design for embedded products
- Software quality assurance
- Working in the lab and with cross-functional engineering teams as needed
- Working with internal teams on product definitions, reference designs, and customer enablement
- Demonstrates good judgment in solving a broad range of issues, based on an advanced understanding of the industry application.
- Reports on design results through design reviews, in accordance with company quality requirements and resolves action items generated as a result of these reviews.
- Research design techniques through technical publications and seminars.
- Supports marketing in product definition.
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and may coordinate the activities of other personnel.
- Post-design change per the requirements of the client
- Master or PhD degree in engineering science within the field of Electrical Engineering, Embedded Systems, and/or Computer Science
- Experience in C/C++ programming and debugging skills
- Knowledge of hardware developing softwares such as Altium, Eagle, or Kicad
- Knowledge of wired and wireless communication protocoles such as I2C, UART, SPI, BLE, WiFi
- Knowledge of software development for different low power microcontroller architectures such as PIC, Atmel, etc.
Additional Skills (one or more of these are highly desirable)
- Knowledge of energy harvesting concept.
- Exceptional laboratory measurement skills
- System knowledge and advanced design skills in system modeling
- Strong knowledge of circuit simulation tools, layout verification tools, Matlab, and LabView
- Knowledge of MS Office documentation, spreadsheet, presentation tools or equivalent tools
- Familiarity with quality systems documentation and procedures Good understanding of software design and development process
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work in a dynamic and fast paced team environment
- Sensors technology
- Developing demo applications (LabView etc), test scripts (Python etc)
What will Nowi offer you? You will get the unique chance to join the adventure of building up a high-potential company at the cutting-edge of technology with a young and motivated team. In addition you will have the opportunity to develop your career and experience as Nowi scales. As a startup we offer between €2300-€3000, which is subject to grow with the scaling that will happen in the coming years.